29 June 2006

I bought a fanny pack, or the top five signs I might be losing it this summer

So a few of my friends this summer have suggested that I have been acting out of sorts - I can't say that I noticed feeling any more bitterness/anger oscillating with extreme despair than I usually do (I mean we all make jokes about huddling into the fetal position in the shower while sobbing out strings of incomprehensible words, but it's not like I really do it that often). Not to make light of my friends' observations, I decided to take note of any activities I have engaged in lately that might suggest I'm losing my shit. You know, besides blogging.

5. I've started sewing non-functional buttons onto everything. It began with a shirt or two
but it has moved on to paper products... but this doesn't really mean anything except I've got a bitchin' penchant for the decorative arts. Maybe I'll start worrying if I wake up one morning after a blackout with several buttons sewn onto my body.


4. I've been reading weight/strength training books. It's not like I've actually bought any books yet (cough cough Kim Perky), I just check them out from the library. Also, I think it's a positive sign that I don't aspire to look like any of the people on the cover, right?


3. I'm slightly obsessed with the birds that live outside of my apartment. It started earlier this year when a tiny, sweet bird roosted on my porch over the winter (see red circle) only to disappear with the arrival of spring. Perhaps the obsession started when I began to read the presence/absence of the bird as a metaphor for my life and began muttering "nothing gold can stay Ponyboy" to myself as I wistfully gazed at the abandoned perch. So I bought a bird feeder and have filled it with seed, hoping to entice my bird friends to come visit me.









2. Okay, so I moved on from Western books on weight training and borrowed a book from the library on how to be a ninja. Maybe I've even imagined myself on the cover of the book... It's not like I want to start cybering people under the m.o. of the bloodninja. I mean, that would be messed up.










1. I bought a fanny pack. Not only did I buy a fanny pack but I read reviews of them online and made my purchase after several days of research. I claimed it was to use just for when I went out on bike rides but I find myself using it even when I'm not
on a bike ride. Jinkies!


No comments: