02 November 2006

Pete Burns = Genius

So I've watched the music video for Dead or Alive's "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" about five or six times today. It goes without saying the song has burned itself into my head like a soldering iron to a circuit board, but it leaves me with so many questions. What are pirates, gold lame [la-mey] flags, and creepily long fingernails all doing in the same video? What exactly is Pete Burns wearing?! Can my hair do that? If my hair does that, will it ever stop doing that? Why is there a gold bow on top of the disco ball? In sum, the video defies any coherent explanation [insert tired pomo critique here]. I suppose the more appropriate question for me to ask myself now is, shouldn't I be doing my work? Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... a nice companion piece: http://people.freenet.de/big.fun/index.htm