08 April 2007

animal kingdom

I would like to make it clear for the record: I was thousands of miles away when Winston the Cat's person was violated with an object of clothing for the purpose of photographing and exploiting his moronic cuteness. Sure sure, you all thought it would be me that would be the one to make Sikky or Winston wear clothing but it wasn't (btw, Easter or no, my first choice would have been a plucky little felt pirate hat - it's totally a sea theme and everyone knows cats love fish).

Meanwhile, I was exploring the Woodland Park Zo
o today where I witnessed the following sad scene unfold at the gorilla exhibit:


Although it's pretty obvious what is going on in the picture sequence above, let me just break it down for you:
[Frame 1]: In a moment hearkening back to the rock giant Biter in The Neverending Story, the gorilla looks down at his hands that clutch nothing and he considers all that he has lost and stands to lose during his stay at the Woodland Park Zoo.
[Frame 2]: The gorilla vomits into his hands.
[Frame 3]: The gorilla eats his own vomit. This went on for about fifteen minutes. Hey - at least it drove most of the kids away from the exhibit.
[Frame 4]: This was taken after a heart-to-heart I had with the gorilla and presented him with a copy of Chicken Soup for the Primate Soul. Yet another life transformed by a metaphorical hot dose of restorative broth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad everyone at the zoo put on a good show for you. Last time I was there a gorilla ate it's own scat... also happily frightened away children and their mothers.

mr.mhhs said...

jeez. can't a gorilla eat his own excrements without a bunch of people getting in a tizzy? c'mon people, there's nothing to see here.

what am i saying. this shit is hilarious.