14 December 2006

Chicken Maniaco... I Am Coming to Get You

So I am crazy about living in Urbana, but as I realize I will be leaving in a few days, I have to admit I really start thinking about what it is I miss the most about LA.

I'm talking about you Dino's Burger, and your El Maniaco chicken plate. When I first met you, your fiery red half-chicken served atop a bed of french fries doused with a Greek marinade I can only describe as liquid crack, accompanied with a thimble of chilly cole slaw was only $3.50. Times change and I hear you cost $4.50 now. You are so worth it. I will see you at the corner of Pico and Berendo next week.

My other favorite reasons for returning?
- Zankou Chicken (Armenians doing Lebanese)
- Papa Christo's (Greek)
- Pho 79 (Vietnamese)
- In-n-Out Burger (American)
- oh yeah, and my family! (Armenian Mongrel)

No comments: