30 March 2007

Seattle Seafood Watch '07

When I arrived Wednesday, my brother told me it marked the first day of sunshine in over a month - I'm hoping it keeps up because yesterday was sunny, in the 60s, and just beautiful. He lives north of downtown in Magnolia with a view of Puget Sound in the distance from the windows. There are flowers blooming all over the city and the flowering trees (especially on the UW campus) are complex and beautiful.

I'm currently devising a seafoodometer that will accurately reflect the amount of fresh seafood I consume while I'm here. I made great progress yesterday when I had a spicy tuna roll at Pike's Market (and took a picture of the view) and then happened upon the beginning of an oyster happy hour (shucked oysters, 50 cents each!) at a restaurant on the waterfront. Half a dozen later, I realized I may have to return there every weekday at three while I'm here.


3 comments:

Frank Ridgway said...

When I saw all the seafood, I started to drool. And then I was a little bit ashamed, but I thought, "Why should today be any different," you know?

I think "drool" could be the new "high five."

I haven't had oysters in…. Well, the last time I had oysters, Lyndon Johnson was president.

mar said...

what did you think of Lost? not enough
Ben and Locke! My favorite blog said that Locke sounded like he drank a giant glass of Others Kool-Aid. that would be so cool if they ended the show like Jonestown, huh?

Frank Ridgway said...

John has something up his sleeve.