20 June 2006

John Walsh, America's Most Wanted Douche

So I actually took a day out of my vacation a few weeks back to read John Walsh’s tome, Tears of Rage: From Grieving Father to Crusader for Justice. Sure I went into reading the book thinking, JOHN WALSH IS A DOUCHE, but upon finishing the book I realized I had really underestimated him. John Walsh is actually a douche of epic proportion, quite possibly the MOST GIGANTIC DOUCHE IN THE WESTERN HEMISPHERE, at least living today.

Perhaps the most disturbing anecdote in the book is how he describes his future wife:
“People liked her. Or as one of my friends put it, she was John Walsh with longer hair” (17).

Did your mouth just fill with the bitter, rank taste of bile? Did any even remotely sexual thoughts void from your consciousness only to be replaced with feelings of shame, disgust, and despair? Yeah, I thought so. But, the book is so much more than John's special brand of solipsistic sexuality. Readers - who can actually stomach reading the book through to the end - gain a sense of the many facets of John Walsh, America's Most Wanted Douche. The best part of the book is truly John Walsh on his favorite subject… John Walsh:

John Walsh, the Churchgoer:
“my younger brother Jimmy and I – were ordinarily in the back row with the old women and nuns, wearing the black eyes and split lips we’d picked up in fistfights the Saturday night before” (1)

John Walsh, the Dancer:
“Tom and I were the only white guys on campus who could dance. In retrospect, I think that was a big part of our allure” (17)

John Walsh, the Businessman:
“My career was on a fast track, and I knew I was going places. Everyone was saying it: John Walsh was a success story waiting to happen” (22)

John Walsh, the Procreator:
“I had created a new member of the species and I would now have a legacy. My genes would be carried on along with the Walsh name” (29)

John Walsh, the Romantic:
“on the nightstand by her bed were a dozen red carnations. And in the center of all those red flowers was a single one, white. That was what I sent her” (29)

Whoa there big spender! Carnations?! WTF? And he's bragging about giving them to his wife after giving birth. That's practically like saying: "on the nightstand by her bed was a picture of me performing a Dirty Sanchez with one of my fellow douchebag friends. And in the center of that picture was a little poop smear, brown. That was what I sent her."

Finally, my favorite facet of John Walsh - when he thinks he's a badass:

John Walsh, the Badass:
- “We would never be anything less than all right because we were so unrelentingly ice-cold-blooded” (24).

- “The guy had told me to mind my own goddamn business. As if that were something I was really going to do” (25).

- “And when he came up to me and tried to shake my hand, I refused. Fuck him. He voted no on the Missing Children Act” (151)

- “Finally, one of them looked at me and said, ‘You know, you’re a real wiseass.’
I said, ‘And you know what you are? You’re mercenary bastards. Worse than that, you’re chickenshits.” (156).

Oh dear sweet, John Walsh- my eyes weep vinegar and water for you and I dread the day when your magesterial reign as America's Most Wanted Douche comes to an end.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That photoshop job is so excellent and so very appropriate. John Walsh belongs in the Douch Hall of Fame, or DHF.

Anonymous said...

Yeah he is a douche,it's funny because I was watching amw, and was thinking what a douche. So I googled "John Walsh the douche" and sure enough.... Out of curiosity how many of the "cowardly criminals" are proven innocent after their day in court?

Anonymous said...

The man is obviously a bull fag. The size of his deliriously bloated ego could could only be caused by the deterioration of reality due to a mental illness. He would be pathetic if he weren't so dangerous.

Eric Knight said...

Of course, John Walsh is a hypocrite. He was banging Reve when she was underage, and would most probably be on the registry as a Level 2 had her parents had him prosecuted as many parents did of such men.

Anonymous said...

Now america can look into truth, reguarding criminals. Walsh you idiot!

mikeynmaggie said...

I love how this guy becomes a "crusader for justice"... Making harsher laws that make guys who piss in a public alley " disgusting perverts "... All because his dumb cunt of a wife left their kid UNSUPERVISED in a fuckin MALL. What an idiot.

Tim said...

I did the same as another guy here: I just saw a bit where Walsh offered up what I see as an extremely self righteous self important condemnation of someone and I thought, "John Walsh is a self-righteous douche" and decided to look it up. Whaddya know? I got some hits. I guess I'm not the only one to see him that way.

T OBrien

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I did the same thing. I enter John Walsh and douche and it sent me here. Crazy