19 December 2006

December 19, 2006 / December 19, 1994

So I arrived to my grandparents house in Sherman Oaks (in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles) today and will be here for the next three weeks or so. Every time I come back, I usually go through the stuff I have stored here over the years : there are a lot of pictures, letters, schoolwork, and writing I saved over time. This includes several diaries I kept - I thought it would be neat to match up a day from the past with the current date - while not always the most riveting reading (at least not this entry - but I can really emote in other ones!), it is fun to crack up about the doofy stuff I use to think about. On December 19, 1994 I had just arrived to my grandparents house in Sherman Oaks too (at the time I was living in Sonoma with my other grandparents but my brother had already lived down here for two years). I was a freshman in high school and basically a dork who loved eating junk food and watching 3-2-1 Contact - including one of my favorite segments, Mathnet!
December 19, 1994:
I arrived in LaLaLand today and at the moment puking up Gummy Worms... well not really puking. Woke up at 7 (I got about 6.25 hours of sleep), airport, etc. We came to the house and lounged around, then Frank and I went to the supermarket to get snacks for throughout the week - he can drive now!!! When we were at the market, I saw a celebrity... the guy from M
athnet. Not exactly my favorite person in the world, but pretty cool. I think I'll get hair dye and dye my hair black like Mia Wallace, or maybe red. I don't know... I'll ask Frank to help me with it. So things are pretty good. We had Chinese food for dinner.

No comments: