23 December 2006

NBA Player Hater Saturday: A.I.

I've been watching a lot of basketball in the last 24 hours or so: I caught most of the Lakers/Nets game last night, saw UCLA massacre Michigan this morning (I'm biased of course, but the Bruins are looking really tight this year), and the Clippers beat Houston tonight (although most likely because Yao got injured early in the game - he broke a bone in his knee and will be out for at least six weeks). I've watched with especial disgust over the past couple of weeks about the whole Allen Iverson trade talk. I think what grosses me out the most is the way everyone goes on about him and the way Iverson goes on about himself. Where did the nickname "The Answer" come from anyway? The last couple years he just got worse and worse in terms of hubris (his rap album under the name of Jewels anyone? urinating in public? acting out on the 76ers with Chris Webber? sigh...).

Maybe I should go easier on him - we actually grew up in the same town in Virginia. OH wait, but I actually turned out to be a nice person. Anyway, if anyone has any legitimate, basketball related reasons to hate on Iverson, you can certainly help my specious argument out...


No comments: