22 January 2007

Insomnia...

Since I've been back home I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping (and no, not because I've been too busy playing on my DS to schedule sleep time). It seems that every other or every third night I am either entirely capable of falling asleep for more than an hour or so at a time or else my sleep quality is so poor I don't seem to be getting all the stage 4 or "delta sleep" that I need. Needless to say, lack of sleep makes me feel like a walking idiot zombie. If you're having trouble sleeping, you may consider frightening yourself by reading wikipedia's entry on insomnia - it could convince you that you're suffering from hypomania or at least that you practice poor sleep hygiene (yes, there is such a thing).

1 comment:

Holiday Traditions said...

Here's a great book I have on Insomnia, with a plan to be sleepless no more. It also talks about the other sleep disorders.

http://www.theinsomniablog.com/

Enjoy!